Sunday, January 27, 2019

Everyone Needs a Vacation

Everyone needs time to recharge.  To relax and take some time for themselves.  Growing up my family didn't take a lot of vacations.  I can only remember two all the time growing up.  We lived on a farm with livestock.  It's not like we could call a neighbor and have them come puppy sit, nor could we kennel the cattle.  It's just something I learned to live with growing up. 

My children definitely grew up differently.  We went to visit my husbands family in Florida so many times our children begged us on our last trip if we could please do something besides Disney World.  We went beach hopping along the gulf stream instead.  It was a great time.

I read all kinds of Facebook posts about where everyone is going.  They take trips to Europe, to Hawaii, to Fiji, on cruises, all very exotic places.  The last extended trip I went on was not very enjoyable.  We flew back to Florida to visit family but for a very different reason.  My father in law was dying.  We sat around as a family talking of happier times, fun memories, then after ten days he passed.  That was eight years ago.  I haven't taken a trip since. 

We all need time to recharge.  Life is hard and giving yourself time off is healthy, and should be encouraged. 

Maybe someday it will be my turn.  Until then I will find happiness and joy in the little things.


Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment