Sunday, November 27, 2016

The Season is Upon Us


The holiday season is in full swing.  Thanksgiving weekend is almost over.  The radio stations have started playing Christmas songs, Black Friday for this year is a memory, and my children's Christmas list is growing.  Traditionally Christmas has been my favorite holiday.  But since my son was born 16 years ago next month, I feel like I go through postpartum depression every year.  It only lasts a month or so, but man do I feel it.  It's a problem for many reasons.  First it messes up my family's fun times together.  Second it screws up my favorite holiday.  But the most important reason is, it takes away my joy.  I usually try to be a positive person.  I try to bring happiness to others, and this season when I feel it's the most important to bring joy, I have to fake it.  I absolutely hate that.  Every year I tell myself I'm not going there this year, but inevitably I find myself fighting depression.  I wish there was a simple solution for all of us fighting this horrible mental state.  We can only do what we can do. So before I tumble into the abyss once again.  I wish for all of you a great Christmas season.  If you celebrate something other than Christmas, I wish you a joyous Holiday season.

No comments:

Post a Comment