Saturday, January 14, 2017

It's Finally Happening!

Well this is it.  On Monday I go on my very own writers retreat and start book number 4.

There is no name, there is only the very beginning of a plot line, but I found my inspiration.  That is everything.  You would think, this being my fourth book, that this would get easier.  Well for me it does not.  Writing for me is as difficult now as it was four years ago when I started down this road.  But it is also one of the rewarding things I've ever done.  There are many people who contribute to my novels.  Most of them don't even know.    Many people want to know why I have to go away to write.  The answer is focus.  At home I have too many distractions.  House cleaning, laundry, work, work, work.  The needs of my family will always come first.  Then there are the dogs.

When I go away I can sequester myself and have nothing but quiet and my own thoughts.  Last time I did this I wrote 4 chapters in 3 days.  I know for some authors that's nothing.  For me that's miraculous.

So on Monday I will get started on the last phase of the Mended Hearts Collection.  I have the hero, Sam,  his heroine almost has a name.  Her back story has been stewing in the back of my mind for over a year.  She will finally come to fruition.  So wish me luck and I will try to get this started and we will see how it will play out.

Have a good week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment