Sunday, January 29, 2017

Life Is Short

"Life is short
Break the rules,
Forgive quickly,
Kiss slowly,
Love truly,
Laugh uncontrollably,
And never regret anything that makes you smile."

This quote is attributed to Mark Twain.  When I came across it, it was only a partial quote.  When I first read this in it's entirety, I didn't know if I really liked it.  After mulling it over for awhile, I realized. I kind of did. Now I'm not advocating breaking the rules or never regretting your actions. What this quote reminds me to do, is live life to its fullest.

What does that mean exactly?  To me living life to it's fullest is making sure everyday is filled with meaningful experiences.  Learning what you can from experiences placed before us.  It means to be looking for places to grow and expand your mind and keeping our bodies healthy and vital.

I think sometimes we get caught up in the mundane of everyday living and forget there is a whole world out there to explore.  I don't just mean physically.  We need to stretch our minds as well as our bodies.  You can explore the world through many means but most of us don't take the time to do any of it.

If you know me you know I believe in Heaven and Hell I believe in God and I believe in Satan.  I know for every good thing there is on this good earth there is opposition.  For every good thing on the internet the are perverse and evil things.  Expanding our minds, being well versed in scripture, whatever scripture you read is always a good thing.

Looking at my quote above Life is short, forgiving quickly, is always a good thing. Kissing slowly is a very good thing, Loving truly and laughing uncontrollably makes life worth living.  I also believe laughter everyday will bring joy and happiness to your world.  Look for good things to fill your life, try and make the lives of others more joyful.

Have a good week.


No comments:

Post a Comment