Saturday, February 11, 2017

Wasted Time


I have been burning the candle at both ends for a very long time.  In addition to my normal busy, I have been making list after list of home projects that need to be done.  When will it ever stop.  I need to have at least five more hours in everyday and at least eight days to the week.  My house is now about 24 years old and lots of things need to be fixed.  I am learning how to do many new and different things.  I do this out of necessity but also because I want my brain to keep working.  I don't want to slow down.  But having said all that if I keep this up I am going to burn myself out.  

We need to listen to our bodies, they will tell us what they need.  Like the other day I had an actual day off and I didn't do much of anything.  I mean I did the basic bare minimum of house cleaning.  But other than that I worked on nothing.  At the end of the day I felt like I had wasted my time all day.  Looking back I realize my body and my brain were telling me I needed to slow down for a minute, or a whole day.  

Just because we have down time does not mean it's wasted.  I think the trick is to balance the down time and the time we need to be up and running.  I have also realized burning the candle at both ends only leads to a tired body and brain.  

Until next time, stay busy but take time to breathe every day.

Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment