Sunday, February 5, 2017

Why Me????

Why do we have trials? Why do bad things happen to good people? Why me? If there is a God in Heaven why does he let bad things happen?  How many times have you heard people ask these questions and so many more like them.

I have this theory.  Everyone is who is born into this world is given what a friend of mine calls their own box of Hell.  You see I believe we are on this earth to experience life.  To go through trials to grow and learn.  When you see your private self and compare that with everyone's public self, you will always come out on the short end.  Everyone will always have a better life.  I imagine there are people of my acquaintance who see my public self and think hmmm her life is okay.  She always seems happy and upbeat.  She has her stuff together.  I can tell you now my stuff is anything but together.  I'm not always happy and upbeat.  But that's not what I put out there for the public to see.

I have my own box of Hell, everyone does.  Everyone's is different.  It's custom made just for them.  You see my theory is the trial is not what's in the box, the trial is how we get through to box.  There is no doubt in my mind we have also been given the ability to get through our trials.  We are not left to face them alone, if we chose to have help, help will be there.  In the form of friends or a shoulder to cry on. We can rely on the Lord, and I do heavily.  He will always be there for us.  He will not take our trials away but he will make us stronger so we can face them.

Now I am not saying the way will be easy.  I think it is anything but easy.  If it were easy we would never grow, never become better.  So to answer my first questions We have trials to make us stronger, we are never left alone. Why me?  Why NOT me?  We must each face our own box and try to make it through.  Luckily, I am here for you and you are here for me.  We cannot take on someone else's trials but we can be a giving, loving, helpful, and forgiving support.    

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment