Saturday, March 11, 2017

What Time Is It?

It's that time of year again.  Time to turn our clocks ahead one hour.  We can honestly say "Where did the time go".  I don't understand all of the reasons we fiddle with time every year.  I know there are a lot of people who don't like doing this.  They also have a list of reasons why it's not a great idea, but bottom line for me is, I love the long summer nights.  Taking walks in the summer evenings, working in my garden first thing in the morning.  I guess the major reason I like daylight savings time is because it means it's spring.  I love the spring and the warmer temps.  I even love spring cleaning. The smell of freshly mown grass, and spring rains.  When I was kid growing up on a farm, it was the season all the new baby animals were born.  

For me it's the season of rebirth, the chance to change things up.  To make your life different, for the better.  I love planting my garden and pruning my fruit trees.  I love breathing in the cool air.  So even though I have one less hour a day, which for me is a big deal, I can't wait.  

So make the most of the time we have, lighten someone else's load and walk outside and breathe in the freshness of spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment