Saturday, September 16, 2017

You've Got Potential, Kid!

This week I was able to get a glimpse of my son's potential.  It kind of got me thinking.  I wonder if I have lived up to my true potential.  My life is far from winding down.  I still have many things I wish to do.  But I just wonder what my late father would say about what my life has turned out to be.  I do know right from wrong.  I try to show kindness to others.  I try to be a good parent, although I don't always succeed.  I try to be a good wife and friend.  But to actually live up to your potential what would that be like.

I think this journey we call life is about a lot of things.  I think we are born into this life to make a difference. No matter how small. I also think this life is about going through trials, to be tested to see what we can make of our own lives.  I think we are here to be a help to others, to help them find their way.  I know many people have come into my life and have left their mark there.  I only hope I can dot the same for them.

I also happen to believe this life is all about finding and fulfilling our potential.  The road is not meant to be easy, nor is it meant to be traveled alone.  I believe that is why we are blessed to have a family. Traveling is always more fun when there is someone else along for the ride.  Someone who gets you, who can see past all of the yucky stuff and love you anyway.

So have I reached my potential, probably not but. I'm hoping to find some friends and fun along the way.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment