Saturday, September 2, 2017

When Worlds Collide

My latest project is called When Worlds Collide.  This will certainly be a labor of love.  I started the manuscript in January and got a huge start on it.  Four chapters in two days.  For me that is  amazing. My mind was racing my fingers were flying.  I got a skeletal story together.  Then went back and added all of the fun details.  I loved the story it seemed I would get the story done by the end of the summer.  But something happened to me while writing this story that has never happened before.

My novels are character driven which means, my characters are basically in charge and I'm just along for the ride.  What happened was Sam, he is one of the main characters in this story.  I found out I didn't know him.  Most of my characters are based on people I know or have attributes of people I know.  Sam was a complete stranger to me.  He is not based on anyone I know.  His attributes are unknown to me.

Luckily for me I went to a "Meet the Author" night.  It was a night well spent with my favorite author. She spoke about herself and her writing for a couple of hours.  I learned many things from her that will hopefully make me a better author.

I love that I can keep learning and growing, that I can become a better person. I'm still working on my manuscript.  I am still thinking of my characters, but I am working smarter not just harder.  Lots of research and asking lots of questions, getting to know my characters.  This book may take a little longer for me to get to you, but it will be a better read.

I hope you enjoy it.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment