Saturday, September 30, 2017

Giving Props Where They're Due

You know my daughter has been upset because of my books.  Not because they are taking up too much of my time.  Or because she thinks they aren't worth reading.  It's because she's not in them.  There is no one in it with her name, no one exactly like her.  In fact none of my heroine's have her looks.  She once said she wanted my heroine to look like her so she could be on the front cover.

My daughter is not only drop dead gorgeous, she's very athletic, and very tall....well I guess that one is relative.  Almost everyone is taller than me.  She is also very outgoing, my very own social butterfly.  She is very sure of herself, and out spoken.  All of these things can be a bit intimidating.   She would make a great book heroine.

The one thing she has yet to comprehend, she is in all of my books.  She is the best part of any of the heroines.  I just haven't used her 1st name. But their strength, love for life, and their ability to stand up for themselves and their friends is pure Jordan!!!!

In Explosive Chemistry, Jarrett, Courtney, Rob, Trent, and the rest of the college students at ASU were based on Jordan's roommates, and her circle of friends. 

I haven't used her first name in any of my books but here middle name is Elise, which is where I got Ellie's name for When Embers Ignite.  At the end of the book Trace calls Ellie by her full name which is Elise Isabella,  so technically she is in that one.

So I will say thank you to my daughter Jordan for being the inspiration for all of my heroines.  You truly are a remarkable woman.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment