Sunday, May 7, 2017

Love Is In the Air


Love is everywhere.  It's on the radio, it's on every television show, it's all over the internet. At least what people want us to think is love.  I read romance novels, clean romance novels.  I sell them at the book store I work at.  I even write romance novels.  So what is it about love?  It can make us soar to the skies if its true and makes us happy, but it also has the power to bring to our lowest low.

When we first fall in love life is blissful, we are walking on cloud nine.  I'm sure it has something to do with endorphin's.  We know nothing can keep us from eternal happiness.  If that love is given a chance to blossom and grow we find ourselves in a different kind of deeper more satisfying kind of love.  Its more grounded and we are able to cope with life's ups and downs.  The long we are together the stronger our love can become.  We can face the trials of love because of the bond we share.  I happen to believe if a man and woman are in love marriage is the next step.  There are those who disagree with me on the whole marriage thing.  There are people who disagree with me on the man and woman thing.  Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.  That is not what this weeks blog is about.

In my current writing project I'm dealing with love the second time around.  If you have read any of my books, first of all thank you.  If you have not here's a little background.  My novels are written about a family who has lost their mother from a car accident.  How they grow up live their lives and try to mend their hearts after the loss of the center of their family.  Oh and there is always a bit of murder on the side.  I have written the first three stories about the children in this family.  Dad's story is more difficult to write.  He and his wife were soul mates and are actually inspired my one of my best friends and her husband.  She died of cancer a few years ago and husband was left to pick up the pieces of his family's life.  They had two children who were teenagers at the time.

The difficulty in writing this book is I am still married to the man I fell in love with thirty years ago and trying to find out how to write this character is proving a little difficult.  I think it makes for a more interesting and full character, but it is harder to get my mind around his feelings.

With all the counterfeit love, and lust and just plain sex out there it's hard to find the real thing.  I hope we can all tap into find the real lasting eternal kind of love.

Until next week

No comments:

Post a Comment