Saturday, June 17, 2017

HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!!

It's time to celebrate all the wonderful father's in our lives.  Men can be such a great influence in the lives of the people they love.  My dad was my rock.  My soft place to land.  He wasn't perfect but he was the perfect father for me.  He loved and supported me, he helped me understand responsibility and he guided me on my journey to discover righteousness and love.

Growing up on a farm we didn't do a lot of vacationing.  Okay let's get real, my family went on one family vacation during my whole life.  When you have live stock it's not like you can have a neighbor come over and feed the cows, chickens, pigs, turkeys, geese, etc.  So we stayed pretty close to home. I lived at the foot of the Rocky Mountains, so we spent weekend afternoon's up the canyon having picnics, and roasting marshmallows.  We had lots of chores at home but when Dad was home he was always out there with us.

He was a strict father but he never laid a hand on me.  His discipline was more like, "Shar, I expected more of you than this."  He made sure we always fulfilled our responsibilities.  My father worked for the government for many years, so he wasn't at home to work the fields and pick the fruit.  He left that for us.  He led by example, I don't think I ever saw him take a sick day.  He was a very hard worker who always provided for his family.

After I grew up and my dad retired he spent more time at home and he became one of my best friends.  He helped me shape my life and helped make me the woman I am today.   The Lord was always important to my father and he raised me to make righteous choices, and stay close to God.

My father passed away almost eight years ago.  I will always love my dad and I miss him everyday.

To all those wonderful men in our lives Happy Father's Day!
Until next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment