Sunday, June 4, 2017

Getting Back To Nature

Whew!!!!  I rode my bicycle 70 miles yesterday.  I am not a spring chicken anymore, but I gave it my best shot!!!!  I wanted to go for a full 100 but decided at 58 miles I was done.  I think its important to set goals and try like heck to achieve them.  I also think its important to know your limitations.  One of the most important things I noticed yesterday was that nature is a marvel and a wonder.

This ride was in a town that I have been through before.  To get there I have to go through a canyon, one I have traveled many times.  There are man made structures that once were businesses that have fallen into rubble.  Some new houses have go in, many things in that canyon have changed, but the cool thing about nature is, it's always there.

I love being on my bike riding outside much more than riding in the gym.  It just makes me feel alive. Yesterday after my ride I was very tired, I was physically exhausted.  But I enjoyed the ride despite my exhaustion.

There are many things that build us up, make us feel, bring us joy.  Our job is to find that one thing that will elevate our souls.

Until next time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment