Sunday, October 15, 2017

What a Girl Wants

What is it that makes a woman's heart beat faster, makes her palms sweaty and her knees buckle?  Why is it women love to read romance novels? I have been asking these questions a lot.  I am working on my fourth novel and I am stumped as to why the heroine in the novel would want to be involved with the hero. 

There are as many different types of hero's as there are novelists.  Should the hero be open and happy, or closed off and brooding?  Should he be strong and silent?  Or should he be some kind of combination of all of those things?   The truth is, it's difficult to write the best man for the job.  Women are by nature emotionally complicated.  So what ever mood readers are in that's the kind of man she wants to see in the book.  I think one of my favorite authors said it best.  We don't want the perfect man we just want the one that is perfect for us. 

So let's see if I can find the perfect man for my new heroine.  He has to be kind, loving, giving, caring, understanding, forgiving, strong, and physically attractive.  Should he have blonde, brown, or black hair?  His eyes should be brown, blue, hazel, green, or some combination.  He definitely needs to be tall and broad shouldered this much I know.  So no problem right?

What a girl wants?

Until next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment