Sunday, December 10, 2017

Don't Confuse Compassion with Weakness

In my search for the Christmas Spirit I have discovered compassion.  Many people see compassion as a weakness, I see it as a strength.  To extend love and understanding to someone else who needs it, is a gift.

Compassion doesn't cost anything.  It is a way showing others that you care.  If given freely compassion can be as uplifting to the giver as to the receiver.  I see it in the annual fund raiser the kids at our local high school do every year.  I see it in the way my son gives money to the homeless.  I see it in the care my neighbors give of service to one another.  I see it in the as my children do things for each other whenever they are together. 

Anyone can give a gift that costs money, I think it takes effort to give someone the gift of compassion.  Although it is easier to see at this season of the year, I love seeing compassionate people all year long.

Compassion takes an extra bit of selflessness. 

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment