Sunday, January 7, 2018

Cleaning Up and Clearing Out

I love the feeling of dejunking.  Which is unusual because I am a pack rat.  It's the whole my left brain (that is barely functioning) and my right brain are constantly battling.  Of course my right brain wins every time.  I am not a very organized person to begin with, but this week I have been making some headway in my storage room.  Okay let's face it my storage room is one half of my entire basement.  Hey now don't scoff at me, I am giving it my all.

When I do make an effort and make some headway in cleaning, throwing out and straightening it feels good.  For me this is more than a weekend project. Don't get me wrong I don't belong on that show about hoarders.  I can still some daylight and I don't have to make trails in my basement.  I just have piles of stuff here and there.  So to that end I have been straightening and organizing.  It feels great.

I suppose that is why this time of year I also make a mental inventory of what I would like to change in my life.  That also is not a weekend project. And like my project in the basement, a little at a time is a good thing.  To many drastic changes at once just leaves me overwhelmed and unable to make any headway.  In my quest to better myself I just have to remember I can be a tortoise I don't have to be a hare.

Until next time

No comments:

Post a Comment