Saturday, January 27, 2018

I Wonder

This past week I came across a picture book.  It's a picture book about the movie Wonder.  It was a wonderful book aimed at trying to help younger children understand those people who are different from themselves.  I read it to the children at school and they loved it.

I wonder what would happen if the children of the world grew up untainted by the prejudice's of the adults in their lives.  What would the world be like if everyone actually loved others despite of their differences?  Would it be filled with love and understanding?  Would everyone be happy and self assured?  Would there be more forgiveness and meekness? 

I wonder if we will ever get there.  Will we ever try to understand someone else's point of view?  Will we ever reach out to offer a kind word to anyone with a differing viewpoint? 

That's a place I want to live.  A place where love is given unconditionally.  A place where peace abounds and everyone is considered a friend. 

My only question is how do we get there?

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment